Last updated May 10th, 2023
Hempler’s Food Group is committed to ensuring that our website, hemplers.com, is accessible to people with disabilities. We strive to provide a website that is user-friendly and meets the accessibility standards set forth by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
Hemplers.com is built on the WordPress platform designed to be compatible with assistive technologies on most web browser platforms. We are in the process of implementing recent compliance recommendations provided by WordPress and will continue to work at making our websites more accessible to users of all abilities.
Despite our efforts to make hemplers.com accessible to everyone, there may be some limitations. The known limitations are listed below, along with potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for hemplers.com:
- Image Alt Text. We are diligently adding Alt Text to all of our images, but our site contains hundreds of images and some of the images may still not have Alt Text.
- Background Images. Throughout the site, we use background images for design purposes. These image are not communicating any meaningful information, and WordPress assigns them a null ALT attribute to tell screen readers it’s okay to skip the image (WCAG Technique H67).
- Video Captions. Where applicable we add closed captions for our videos on their respective platforms (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) Even so, some embedded videos on this site may exist without closed captions.
- Focus Outline. WordPress has built-in focus outline features that highlight items on a page, like navigation links and form fields, the focus outline is standard across all WordPress sites and pages. These features are not customizable by us and may possess some keyboard navigation limitations.
Feedback & Alternative Formats
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Hempler’s Food Group. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on hemplers.com. Below you will find our contact information.
- Phone: 1-866-477-4144
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Address: 5470 Nielsen Ave, Ferndale, WA 98248
Hemplers.com is available in alternative formats upon request. In making alternative formats available, we always seek the person making the request consultation in determining the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
We try to respond to feedback in a reasonable amount of time. Thank you.