Hempler’s doesn’t just provide your neighborhood supermarket with great products — we’re also a part of your community, helping to serve in any way we can.
For the past few years we’ve run a “Hempler’s Doubles” fundraising campaign with the Seattle Mariners. We committed to donating $50 to Make-A-Wish locally for each double hit by the Mariners over the course of a season – and in 2019, they hit it out of the park. By...
Meals on Wheels does fantastic work for seniors in our community. This year has been especially difficult for many, and Meals on Wheels has stepped up their game. In 2020, they have averaged nearly 12,000 meals EACH MONTH to homebound seniors in Whatcom County. Most...
At Hempler's, we are passionate about our community. For the past 80 years we have been humbled to have received their support, and we consider it a privilege to be able to support our neighbors in return. We have enjoyed a partnership with Lydia Place in Bellingham...
There is a crisis in our community and it's only grown bigger with the COVID-19 pandemic. Families are struggling to maintain their housing after losing their jobs. Layoffs. Closures. Parents unable to go to work because their children are remote schooling and...
We've been long-time fans of the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Make-a-Wish Alaska & Washington helps grant wishes to critically ill children in our home community, and we love finding ways to support the important work they do. They are currently in the midst of a...
Our local law enforcement officers have difficult and varied jobs. They do a lot of community outreach and crime prevention to keep our neighborhoods safe, but the sad fact remains that they also work with people and families in crisis. Often children are involved in...
For the past five years we’ve participated in a local golf tournament supporting Folds of Honor, and not even a global pandemic could keep us from returning this year. We teamed up with our local PNW food cousins Fletcher’s and Isernio’s and did what we do best - feed...
We’ve enjoyed a fun partnership with the Seattle Mariners for quite awhile now, so when we were asked to accompany the lovable Mariner Moose on a visit to Children’s Hospital to thank the frontline healthcare workers, we packed up a load of pepperoni sticks and hit...
There are so many people on the front lines of this fight, keeping our community safe. When we heard about the logistics and personnel involved in the Unified Command/Emergency Operation Center of the Department of Emergency Management and the Public Health Department...
At Hempler’s, we love our community. We know that our customers put their trust in us to provide them with safe, healthy, nourishing food and we feel the weight of that responsibility even more profoundly right now. We also feel a deep sense of gratitude that our...
Community Organizations and Events we are proud to support:
- Auburn Food Bank
- Back to School Jam event to support students in the Kent School District
- Bellingham Food Drive to help support Whatcom County Food Banks.
- Bellingham Opportunity Council
- Blue Skies for Children in Bellingham
- Bonney Lake Food Bank
- Boys and Girls Clubs in Ferndale and Bellingham.
- Brigadoon Service Dogs
- Colton’s Army fundraiser benefitting Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Cups of Hope & Hopetoberfest: Annual fundraising events for Rebound of Whatcom County
- DAWN Women’s Shelter
- Ferndale Fire Department
- Folds of Honor local fundraiser to provide educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service-members.
- Fun with the Fuzz Fun Run fundraiser for Behind the Badge Scholarships.
- Hand in Hand, Everett
- Kent Food Bank
- Kent Little League
- King 5 and Safeway annual Home Team Harvest event benefitting NW Harvest and the Seattle Food Banks.
- Lydia Place in Bellingham, serving individuals and families experiencing homelessness in our community.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Mariners Baseball Team
- Mary’s Place in Seattle
- Obliteride: An annual fundraiser benefiting the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center
- Royal Family Kids Camp
- YMCA “Live Strong” Program