Simmer a pot of this delicious pork taco soup on the stovetop or in your slow cooker for a cozy and satisfying dinner with just 10 minutes of prep time! The delicious soup is made with ground pork, beans, corn, chiles and zesty tomatoes. Add your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions, and serve with crunchy tortilla chips on the side for scooping and dipping.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound Hempler's ground pork
2 tablespoons or 1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning salad dressing mix
1 bell pepper, diced
1- 6 ounce can of diced chiles
1- 16 ounce can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1- 16 ounce can hominy or corn
1- 16 ounce can pinto beans, drained
1- 16 ounce can of kidney beans, drained
2 cups chicken or beef broth
Freshly chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic and a dash of salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground pork and cook until browned and cooked through. Add the two seasonings and sauté for another 1-2 minutes, until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, diced chiles, diced tomatoes, white hominy or corn, beans and chicken stock to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with sliced radish, cilantro and freshly chopped cilantro.