Looking for a fantastic ham dish to add to your holiday table? We have just the recipe you need! Combining your favorite holiday flavors & spices, crunchy & naturally sweetened pecans, zesty orange juice, and maple syrup – this recipe is easy to make, will please a crowd, and is the perfect addition to your next holiday gathering.
1 ready-to-eat cooked boneless half Hempler's ham
1 teaspoon orange zest
½ cup fresh orange juice
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup of pecans, chopped & toasted
- Take your Hempler's Ham out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 325 and set the rack in the lower oven.
- Put the ham in a roasting pan.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for one hour.
- While the ham is baking, prepare the glaze. Add the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, maple syrup, dijon, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and add pecans. Reduce to medium-low and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 420. Put some orange slices around the ham, then pour half of the glaze over the ham, letting it drip onto the oranges.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Add the remaining glaze and return to the oven for a final 10 minutes. The glaze should be bubbling and the pecans golden brown. It’s time to eat!
- Let the ham rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Leftover ham can be used as sandwiches or in a breakfast