Are you looking to enjoy some Fall flavors this holiday season? Check out our cornbread stuffing featuring Hempler’s Ground Italian Sausage. This classic dish combines cornbread with your favorite seasonings, savory vegetables, and a few festive surprises (hello, cranberries!), creating a tasty side perfect for any holiday feast or family dinner. Get ready to elevate your holiday table this holiday season!
1 package Hempler's Ground Mild Italian Sausage
3 tablespoons butter
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary and sage)
4 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup cranberries
2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook the sausage in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring and breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a large bowl (it needs to fit all of the stuffing). Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter, onions, and celery to the pan. Cook until the vegetables have softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Turn the heat off and mix in the herbs. Add the vegetable mixture, pecans, and cranberries to the bowl with the sausage. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and broth.
- Add the cornbread to the sausage and vegetable mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Fold the mixture a few times with a large rubber spatula. Let the mixture sit, folding carefully a few times.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9x13 casserole or cast iron and cover. Bake for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated, uncover, and return to the oven for 10 minutes until nice and golden.
- Enjoy with your favorite holiday dishes.