Baked, not fried. These hand-sized corn dog muffins are sweet cornbread baked around a juicy Hempler’s hot dog baked in a mini muffin tin. The end product? A perfectly poppable and so darn-delicious snack, appetizer, game-day eat, or favorite kiddo nibble.
These sweet and poppable cornbread bites with hot dog studded centers taste exactly like a hot and yummy corn dog you’d get at the state fair. You only need to worry about if you are team ketchup or mustard when it comes to hotdogs. We don’t mind a drizzle of honey, too!
This recipe makes 48 mini muffins. Please make sure you are using a mini-muffin tin for success.
1 package Hempler’s Hot Dogs, cut into 1” pieces
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour wet ingredients in the center. Whisk together until incorporated.
- Spoon one tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin, and stand a hotdog piece end-on-end in the center.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are done.
- Enjoy immediately.