How to Cook
Ham - Bone-In and Boneless
Ham Reheating Instructions:
Watch how to prepare a Hempler’s Ham
- Heat oven to 275°
- Remove all packaging materials, including the clear “button” over the bone on bone-in hams.
- Place ham in shallow roasting pan.
- For a bone-in half ham, place the ham “face” vertically in the pan.
- Boneless Whole Ham – Place in pan
- Boneless Half Ham – place flat side down in pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 275°F for approximately 15-18 minutes per pound until heated through. Do not overheat!
- Optimum ham temperature should be 135 to 145°F internally after reheating.
- Note, individual ovens vary, so your actual reheating time may vary.
- Remove ham from oven; let stand, covered, for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Stovetop Method: Place your bacon slices in a cold skillet and turn the heat to medium. Take care not to crowd the pan. Turn occasionally and cook until the bacon reaches desired crispness.
Oven Method: Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place your bacon flat on the baking sheet; be careful not to overlap the slices. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes. Individual ovens vary so begin checking your bacon for doneness at 10 minutes and continue in 2-minute increments until the desired crispness is reached. There is no need to flip the bacon using this method.
Franks and Smoked Sausages
Our franks and smoked sausages are fully cooked. Simply reheat using your favorite method. We love them on the grill!
Fresh (Uncooked) Sausage and Ground Pork
Ground Sausage and Ground Pork: Form into patties in your desired size. Cook patties over medium heat, either on the grill or in a nonstick skillet with about 1 Tb oil, flipping halfway, until patties are completely cooked through, to a minimum temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer. OR – simply crumble and cook meat in a nonstick skillet with 1 Tb oil over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon into desired crumble size, cooking and stirring until completely cooked through to a minimum temperature of 165°F.
Chicken Breast Skewers
Thaw in refrigerator prior to cooking. Cook on the grill or stovetop over medium heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Skewers are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees as measured by a food thermometer.