There are few textural combinations as delightful as creamy, roasted brussels sprouts with crispy, salty bacon. This one from blogger Corie Cameron of Good Life Everyday is simple, delicious, and great any time of year.
2 pounds small brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved (quarter the big ones)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
6 strips Uncured Center Cut Hempler's Bacon
1 tsp kosher flake salt
A few grinds of a pepper mill
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Scatter the brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Drizzle over the olive oil and vinegar.
- Slice the strips of Hempler's Bacon into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix the bacon into the brussels and mix well.
- Place the pan in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir everything together and place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy and golden on the edges.
- After they are crispy and delicious (taste one!), check for seasoning. Mine needed a tiny bit of salt and a few twists of a pepper mill.